Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Attack comes in many forms

[I awoke to the muted sound of airplanes flying over head, their roar echoing inside my head, pulsing in and through my veins…”Are we being bombed, should I wake up Grace and flee?” The thoughts raced through my brain. I opened my eyes and suddenly the air was filled with silence. Then I remembered: It was only the AC…

And so began my first “real” day at VOICE 2006 the V2 experience.

Most of the Taiwanese students had already arrived the evening before, so I had seen their faces, heard their voices, but had not yet sought to know them. Today was my day.

We began with Wisdom Search as a team, then moved on to breakfast, our grumbling tummies happily satisfied with strawberries and “Training-center-made” granola…the sleepy eyes and sluggish movements of the students only mirrored my own as bites of cereal were consumed. Next came our first V2 session, the TESOL session, and the first installment of the Basic…I of course attended V2. Karen spoke on the basics of leadership; some of its characteristics and qualities. We also looked at the Biblical definition of leadership, or “example” to further comprehend our roles as a leader/example. I was challenged and inspired as I listened to Karen’s and other’s thought on the matter. God was truly in the session.

Next came our TLS class and Bible study. Grace did an excellent job leading, and the time flew by; before we knew it lunch time was here!


After lunch the students were tested for English ability level. The hours passed slowly as their knit brows hovered over their exams…then came the electives. I am helping with drama, as is Charity. Jeff and Grace led, and we just went over the script and had auditions. My team was the best of course. ;-) I like drama.

Dinner came and went---then came the infamous Kennan-led ice-breaker games! Four-on-a-couch and “characteristic-basket-up-set” were the games on the menu, and we played hard and well. I think the ice was not only broken, but melted as well. A successful time was had by all.

Team evening devotions came next, followed by SLEEP. *sigh*
As I laid in my bed, ear-plugs securely inserted, the faint sounds of air planes was heard…echoing in my head…lulling me into a deep sleep…

Thus ended the first “real” day of VOICE 2006 the V2 experience, as seen, heard, and felt by Nomes the Kallbery; eager and excited student of life, fun, and all things pertaining.


Naomi Kallberg
V2, Team 5

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If any of the VOICE students or teachers see this, can you please contact Kennan? I'm Wendy and I'm in sixth grade, and I'm Kennan's student in CI. Just tell him that I already sent him an email, it's pretty urgent, thanks.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Oh how exciting! May God continue to bless VOICE! Hugs

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good wink, sis!

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home