Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Questions

Morning came creeping into my window, and I suddenly awoke from my deepest slumber. Rubbing my eyes, I reached for my watch, 5:00am. Ah! Thanks to jet-lag. Grumpily I crawled out of my bed and started the day with drowsy eye lids.

Still, the day was beautiful, and the things we were taught were cool. As we went over again the very familiar story of David and Goliath, Karen asked us to especially emphasize the characters of David and Saul as leaders. I was amazed at the effectiveness of the discussion. It was so much better than reading alone.

I could not stop myself from plunging into deeper thoughts. David cared so much for the Lord's heart and His path of righteousness. He was willing to fight for God's reputation, and to give his life into the hands of God. I think that's very precious, and as I thought about it my mind began racing. Bunches of questions came streaming into my brain before I could stop them. Did "I" seek for the heart of the Lord? Was "I" willing to stand up for my God? Was "I" courageous enough to put my everything in the hands of my God? These questions rang in the back of my brain, but I did not have the answers or the answers were not the ones I wanted.

Slowly, I began to realize that as a servant of God. My weaknesses were blocking the wonderful things that God intended to give me. My fears, my complaints, my doubts, etc. were all the first things that popped into my head whenever I stepped on to an unfamiliar road.

Fish Yu
V2, Team 4

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Sun said...

Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! :) I envy you. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sight is great!! The updates and pictures are fantastic. Thanks for all the work you're putting in to it. We are praying for God's blessings on you all. Much love.-B's mom :)

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fish, you are the WOMAN!
- Luke

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home