Monday, August 07, 2006

Faith Challenges

We had went to Ox Yoke Lake for faith challenges. Dan split us up into 6 different groups. We had 7 challenges to conquer. My favorite was the “Faith Fall” challenge. Where we had to get to the island by walking a wooden log. The challenge taught me the importance of faith. I had to have faith that my team would catch me. I was the 1st one to fall, so at first I was very scared. But as my small group assured me to have faith, I was able to have enough courage to fall. (Even though I still felt weak at the knees.) Another challenge was the batter balloon launcher challenge. We had to try to catch 11 water balloons with an inter-tube, but we only caught one. At first those catching would run wherever they thought the balloon would fall. As a result there was a lot of confusion. Finally we had one person watch the balloon and yell out the directions to the rest of the team. After we did that we finally caught one! Another challenge was the river crossing challenge. We learned that we need to trust God in all things and take life one step at a time. Another challenge was the pyramid challenge. We had to have faith that those under us would hold us up. Of course, Anna and I ended up on the top. It was a great afternoon.

That night, Wes told us to go to bed early because we would have a full day the next day. So around 10pm I went to bed. Who knew that at 1:30am, Fish would come knocking on our door? I thought it was a small group meeting so I ran out in shorts! But it wasn’t what I thought!
They wanted us to put on warm clothing – and off we went on our night hike. It was a great experience (even though we were freezing!) The stars that night were amazing. We walked along the forest – and Uncle Dan told us to be very careful. We crossed a small bridge. (We felt like spies – because it was so dark.) We sat around the fire and thought about how much God loves us and about all that He has sacrificed for us. What a great day! I loved the night hike experience.
Wendy Lin
Team 5

Photo Credits: The Crossing by Rowan Gillson, Faith Fall by Rowan Gillson, Midnight Hike by Rowan Gillson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home