Sunday, July 23, 2006

Honest Spirit in Worship

Today, we had a touching worship time. God opened my view to see that we could worship with just a panio and guitar. In my original opinion of worship I thought a good worship time needed a lot of instruments, like the keyboard, drums, guitar, electric guitar, and bass or a band. But God revised my idea and reminded me, worship is not limited by singing a song or jumping or shouting and feeling very excited or other things that are only apparent on the outside. It was just a part of the worship. He wants us to worship Him with an honest spirit. "The Purpose Driven Life" said, "Worship stems from loving God, and offering up ourselves to God." Today's worship really touched me, the Holy Spirit came around us and worked. It was amazing. God I love you!

David Chen
Team 3

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great insight! The amazing thing is that you don't need any instruments to worship. In fact music/singing and worship are separate entities. It is possible to worship while singing but it is also possible to sing (even "Christian" songs) without worshipping. All that is required for worship is a grateful heart that longs to tell God awesome he is!!!

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home